£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Travel
8 months ago
November / December
Electrically biased Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor
1st Step are currently working with an M&E business in the London Region who are looking to recruit an Electrically biased Cost Manger / Quantity Surveyor for London based projects. Projects are generally based in the Canary Wharf and City region with a number ongoing at any given time.
You will be left to run your own projects whilst working closely with both the Project Managers and Directors covering the same projects.
Project values can range between £500k - £15 million M&E and are generally across Cat A & Cat B projects.
* Commercially and contractually aware individual able to review and understand drawings and specifications.
* Manage the financial aspects of a project from start to finish agreeing final accounts with the project specialist suppliers, manufacturers and our client/main contractor.
* The individual would work alongside the Project Manager(s)/Director and agree purchase orders for the key elements of the project such as Generators, switchgear, UPS Systems, Luminaires, Lighting Control and more.
* Price variations submit to our client/main contractor and agree in a timely manner.
* Submit and agree valuation, applications and invoices as necessary in accordance with the contract requirements.
* Manage specialist suppliers and manufacturers financially and sub-contractor accounts and electricians price work.
* Ideally, the candidate will have 5 years' experience working in this capacity, be HNC / HND qualified and able to demonstrate loyalty and longevity.
Salary will be dependent on experience with Travel, Pension, Health care and Bonus, 25 days holiday on top.
Please get in touch if you are looking for a new challenge and wish to discuss the above further. Interviews will be conducted over the next 2 weeks for a November / December start.