£70000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Design Manager - D&B Contractor - Kent
If you have extensive design experience within an M&E consultancy context, but are interested in a change of scene, removed from detailed design and more management- and delivery-focussed, then this opportunity will be of interest.
A lot of people get to the point of their design careers where they decide the next stage is to "cross over" to a design & build contractor. My client is a design & build contractor looking to add a design expert to their team and lead/build the design offer, and they are looking to bring one of these engineers on board. Someone who has strong experience in the consultancy world and has built up a detailed technical expertise in design, and who also has the skills and characteristics to be a quality design manager - good project management; quick-thinking; problem-solver; good with people; organised.
The role will be broad and varied and depend on the project, but in brief a few of the day to day responsibilities are likely to include:
* Taking ultimately responsible for delivery of designs - to start with you will be the only design expert in the office;
* Appointing design consultants, liaising with them throughout the process and controlling the flow of information;
* Reviewing design information at tender stage and identifying gaps;
* Reviewing and monitoring the designs before and throughout the process to hit brief and budget;
* Monitoring delivery of the design through constant communication and occasional site inspections;
* Arranging and leading design team / client engagement meetings;
* In the mid- to long-term, building up a design team through recruitment
The role will be 90% office-based with occasional site visits as part of a design team. Projects are all in London and the South East and mainly focused on high rise residential buildings, working for big name developers including Berkeley, Redrow and Taylor Wimpey.
If you are interested in being considered, please apply for role or contact me on 07814 619 544 for more information