Los Angeles, California
US$110000 - US$120000 per annum
7 months ago
Los Angeles, CA
You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. Our client offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
* Leads estimates in the $5 to $20 million range
* Knowledge of broad range of project types, including new construction and tenant improvement/renovation projects
* Assist in estimates more than $20 million
* Building estimates to match job requirements (e.g., alternates, cost codes, bid forms)
* Identifies special requirements in technical specifications
* Identifies sub trades to involve and when to involve them
* Interprets soils and hazardous material reports
* Prepares bid packages
* Prepares list of exclusions, clarifications, and interpretations
* Recognizes discrepancies in documents and sub trade bids
* Recognizes the scope of work
* Undertakes site visits and recognizes what to look for
* Understands rates for labor and equipment
* Understands and builds unit prices
* Prepares and assists in estimate review
* Prices direct and indirect costs
* Recognizes and seeks opportunities
* Recognizes productivity impacts such as weather, shifts, location, labor availability, etc.
* Reviews sub trade pricing
* The successful candidate will be organized, and team oriented with a great attitude.
* This position requires a minimum of five (5) years of construction estimating experience working for a commercial general contractor.
* Experience leading estimates in the $5 to $10 million range is required.
* Local Los Angeles experience preferred.