New York, USA
7 months ago
Position: Architectural Metal & Glass Estimator
Location: Queens, NY
Salary: $150,000 - 175,000
1st Step is now working with one of the most reputable Architectural Metal and Glass Companies in the NYC area! They have been serving the New York Metropolitan area, starting with our project managers, a highly experienced engineering and design staff, detail oriented installation crews as well as dedicated administrative personnel. All working together to insure that your job and deadline has the priority it deserves.
* Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
* Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with wind and energy building codes.
* Confer with project participants to resolve details required to formulate a proposal.
* Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
* Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites.
* Prepare material, labor, and equipment cost estimates for performance of work.
* Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, and cost tracking reports.
* Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
* Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations.
* Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
* Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
Job Type: Full-time