2 months ago
Short Term Contract
1st Step are working alongside a leading Civil Engineering and Highways contractor based in Essex who are looking for an Estimator to join their established team for a short term contract.
The Estimator shall assist the business in achieving turnover and profitability through comprehensive pricing and successful winning of work. They shall be responsible of carrying out the Estimating function in line with Company Procedures and Policies.
- Accurate preparation of tenders for targeted capital projects and maintenance contracts.
- Timely bid management of key tenders.
- Completion of tender review for all estimates.
- Completion of all relevant quality assurance requirement relating to Estimating Compiling material quotation enquiries and subsequent reconciliations.
- Compiling Sub-Contract quotation enquiries and subsequent reconciliations.
- Completion of tender handovers for contract awards.
- Comparison of final contract cost to tender allowances.
- Review and provide proposal for improved Purchasing.
- Experience within Highways.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of winning profitable contracts.
- Previous experience of handing over tenders.
- Team player and motivator.
- Understanding of conditions of contract, specifications and drawings.
- The ability to achieve tight deadlines under pressure.
- Computer literate.