3 days ago
1st Step are working alongside a leading brickwork contractor based in Essex who have an opening for a Estimator/QS to join their team; delivering and working alongside tier-one main contractors to deliver some of London's cutting edge projects and developments planned for 2021.
- Ability to negotiate Contracts.
- Overseeing project development and budgets.
- Putting together bids to win new business.
- Creating benchmarks for project progress and construction team.
- Managing the budget and liaising with Commercial team.
- Maintaining healthy relationships with key stakeholders.
- Liaise with the client with the project schedule and budget.
- Look to strategically improve procedures by reviewing and developing operational process flows.
- Nurture and train Quantity Surveying team.
What we need from you:
- Great commercial knowledge.
- Good understanding of brickwork Contracts.
- Holds the relevant qualifications (i.e. Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management) ideally with corporate membership and qualified to CInstCES or similar.
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with various forms of Contracts and Manual of Contract Documents in brickwork.
- Responsible for preparing complete, accurate estimates in accordance with the contract conditions and requirements of the client / contractor general terms, to a stage ready for a final adjudication / discussion pre-submission.
- You must be able to work with minimal supervision and able to take tender preparation to a stage where adjudication is purely an overview of the proposed approach and pricing level.
- To be successful for this job you will have previous experience as a construction Estimator within masonry sector experience being very beneficial.