Birmingham, West Midlands
South West Recruitment Team
2 months ago
Floor layer - Permanent
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for an internationally recognised facilities management company that offers electrical, mechanical and HVAC building services to various sectors that includes manufacturing, education, retail, commercial and heritage sites.
Our client is currently looking to hire a roofing assistant to work on two of their highly prestigious commercial retail and hospitality contracts, which includes blue-chip coffee retailers and a gastro pub chain. You will be supporting with the delivery of facilities support services across their multiple sites.
You will be required to work a 40 hour week, a driving license is essential for this role as travel will be required across various sites in the region.
Floor layer Responsibilities:
The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
Responsible for laying floor coverings in establishments such as buildings, restaurants, homes, offices, ad factories. Uses various materials, including laminate, linoleum, vinyl, cork, rubber, cement, carpet, wood, or tile.
What we are looking for:
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of building maintenance.
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
- Full time and Permanent role
- £12 - £12.50
- Overtime opportunities (All overtime is at Double time)
- Company vehicle, fuel card, paid travel time
- 21 days holiday (plus 8 statutory)