Birmingham, West Midlands
South West Recruitment Team
over 1 year ago
Floor layer - Permanent
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for an internationally recognised facilities management company that offers electrical, mechanical and HVAC building services to various sectors that includes manufacturing, education, retail, commercial and heritage sites.
Our client is currently looking to hire a flooring engineer to carry out sheet Vinyl repairs, including the welding of the joints. Also, must be able to carry out cap and cove. All work will be reactive maintenance and repairs.
You will be required to work a 40 hour week, however, most of the work will be out of hours so a lot of overtime will be required. A driving license is essential for this role as travel will be required across various sites in the region.
What we are looking for:
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- Full UK driving licence
- Formal trade qualification (NVQ or C&G)
- Must be able to pass a DBS clearance basic
- Experience of reactive maintenance
- Knowledge of other types of flooring (preferred)
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
- Full time and Permanent role
- £12 - £12.50
- Overtime and night-time work (All overtime is at Double time)
- Company vehicle, fuel card, paid travel time
- 21 days holiday (plus 8 statutory)