City of London, London
Up to £100000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Group Supply Chain Manager
City of London
1st Step Solutions are working alongside a leading Property Developer who have an opportunity for an experienced Group Supply Chain Manager to join their team.
In this role you will be supporting the commercial committee by developing, agreeing, implementing and managing strategic framework agreements for the supply of materials to the Group. You will use best practice Supplier Relationship Management techniques to enhance our supply resilience and deliver market leading relationships together with operational, technical and commercial benefits to the business.
What we need from you:
* You will have detailed knowledge of both material and subcontract procurement in the construction sector and fully understands the interfaces between all parties involved.
* The ability to Influence others using rational arguments. Identifies basis for compromise and reaches agreement.
* Ability to build and maintains good relationships with all parts of the supply chain and colleagues.
* Able to convey accurate information effectively using the most appropriate methods to reflect the needs of the audience.
* Set clear and challenging objectives, inspiring and encouraging high performance in teams and individuals.
* Respond positively to changing business circumstances and readily adapts behaviour to maintain effective performance.
* Anticipates the possible demands and outcomes of a particular task or situation - plans and prioritises appropriately.
* Make timely and balanced decisions, based on available information.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for:
* Work with operational procurement, commercial, technical and production staff across all Group companies, to develop and implement product group strategies, which enhance our resilience and drive their implementation to a successful outcome.
* Review and develop strategic manufacturer agreements with key stakeholders, securing these agreements on terms that differentiate the Group in the market and ensuring we are viewed as the partner of choice.
* Ensure appropriate Supplier Relationship Management and Performance Management techniques are in place and followed to improve performance, mitigate risk, capture innovation from suppliers and obtain priority service levels.
* Through supplier relationships and analytical capability, be seen within the Group as a member of the team that openly displays an excellent understanding of the market, using this knowledge to inform the business and projects, as well as identifying opportunities for the Group to shape and drive benefits regionally and nationally.
* Demonstrate enhanced performance being delivered on projects through the ownership of the supply framework agreements and their deployment into projects and businesses. Delivery of effective risk and opportunity management of suppliers will be essential as will supporting the interface between strategic and traditional procurement activity.
* Participate in Commercial, Technical and Construction Committee meetings and proactively utilise dashboard reporting to promote key information relating to both the framework agreements and market intelligence relating to each relevant product group.
* Ensure all activity aligns with the Group's Our Vision commitments and facilitate the capture, monitoring and validation of the 'golden thread' of information needed from project planning stage through to build and maintain.
The successful candidate will have:
* Experienced procurement professional with a track record in the delivery of large scale direct and indirect strategic supply agreements in the construction sector.
* Main contractor or developer background.
* Ideally MCIPS and MCIOB qualified.
* Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
* Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
* Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
* Flexibility to travel to all offices and project locations across the Group together with all relevant supplier locations.