City of London, London
about 1 month ago
City of London
1st Step Solutions have an immediate vacancy for an experience H&S Advisor on an ongoing contract basis in Central London.
- To co-ordinate, support and advise the business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety.
- To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety are adhered to.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities. Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Liaise with Company health & safety in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide regular reports to the H&S Manager on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 3 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role.
- NEBOSH Diploma.
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or working towards NEBOSH certificate accreditation.
- Member of institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH).
- COSHH Trained.
- Provision of advice to managers/supervisors.
- Handling of H&S investigations.
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S polices and procedures.