£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
27 days ago
Head of design - mechanical engineering contractor - SW London
How would you like to use your extensive experience of mechanical design for building services to take the next step in your career and lead the design team?
An opportunity has arisen with a fast-growing mechanical contractor based in South West London, with excellent transport links to both central London and Surrey (the office is 10 minutes from Waterloo).
Heading up the 5-strong design team, the position will allow you to spread your wings, using your technical knowledge of MEP design to develop the design offer within the company, having a real impact on the direction of the team and driving forward the company as a whole. Ideally suited to someone with a strong technical grounding in mechanical design and a confident, outgoing personality and a desire to take on a role involving more than just producing designs and delivering projects.
You will spend a lot of your time in front of clients, as the face of the company for design-related aspects of projects, and your future will open up opportunities for progression into roles with company-wide responsibility.
Your days will be varied and fast-paced, in an environment where quick-thinking, working under pressure and balancing multiple stakeholders' needs against the capabilities of your team and the wider firm will be essential. Day to day duties, depending on the day, could include:
* Representing the design team within the company to best serve its needs
* Representing the firm from a design perspective to clients, sub-contractors and other involved parties on various projects
* Producing mechanical designs and/or checking and signing off designs drawn by your team
* Researching and sourcing the equipment which best fulfills the needs of designs while finding budget savings
* Managing the design offer of individual projects in terms of man-hours and cost
* Managing the resources of your team against the requirements of many and varied projects
* Mentoring and helping develop design engineers within your team
This is a unique opportunity which could be exactly what you are looking for to develop your career into interesting areas.
If you are interested in being considered for this head of mechanical design engineering role, please apply in the standard way contact me on 07814 619 544 for more information.