3 months ago
We currently have an exciting permanent opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Assistant in London. You will require frequent travel to our projects based in and around London.
The role would suit someone that is keen to develop their career in a growing organisation. Full training will be given with support and guidance from the existing Health & Safety team.
- To provide expert advice and guidance in order to further promote a positive.
- Providing administration assistance in the development of the Health and Safety strategy and helping with the review of all current internal policies and updating where required.
- Assistance in providing monthly health and safety statistics looking for any current trends and reporting on these, providing input into monthly reports.
- Participating in the delivery of a health and safety toolbox talks to site teams, updating them on recent updates/statistics.
- Monitoring compliance with site health & safety documentation.
- Have input into the company focus groups to look at areas for development/best practice.
- Assisting the H&S Advisor in ensuring the company remains in full compliance with current and future OHS legislation.
- Providing administrative support during accident / incident investigations.
- Ensure all procedures are followed and where not provide advice on compliance.
- Monitoring Method Statements and Risk Assessments on all projects, when required, in conjunction with the Construction Team.
- Participate in the audit processes and procedures, ensuring the business complies with all relevant statutory and best practice.
- Ensure the company comply with duties imposed under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM).
- Advice on training requirements for all site and office-based staff.
- Desired - NEBOSH Construction Certificate.
- Essential - IT Literate including working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Desired - experience in multi site organisation.