£40000 - £60000 per annum + Car allowance / Pension
South West Recruitment Team
3 months ago
H&S Advisor / Manager required for a UK leading M&E Contractor to cover their Southwest / South Wales Region
The Health, Safety and Well being of our colleagues is always at the forefront of everything we do.
They are looking for an energetic and forward-thinking Health and Safety Advisor to join their Team here in the South West. Here you will foster a health and safety culture across all levels of the organisation and manage Health and Safety auditing and compliance for the Electrical / Mechanical and Civil business.
Locations / Projects
Based at Bristol Office New World Business Centre, Warmley, Bristol
Visits to projects at Haverfordwest, Carmarthen, Newport, Hinkley Point C and B Nuclear Stations
Occasional visits to act as cover to other EDF Nuclear stations by agreement
Flexible opportunities to work from home
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture throughout the organisation.
- Developing and maintaining health and safety management systems and arrangements including quality assurance systems and compliance with external audits.
- Managing and co-ordinating audits, including liaising with our client EDF.
- Supporting and developing the health, safety, and well-being strategy, working closely with the project senior management team.
- Developing internal and external networks to allow performance to be benchmarked.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation and incorporating any updates in law into health and safety policies, procedures and guidance provided to staff.
- Co-ordinating the development and implementation of the company and client's health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Managing and co-chair the health and safety meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Completing and reviewing method statements and risk assessments.
- Produce / maintain COSHH register and assessments
- Reducing the number of health and safety incidents to a minimum and maintain accident management systems and reporting.
- Maintaining learning management systems and statutory training relating to health, safety, and well-being.
- Ensuring that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills, fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Providing regular reports to the Head of Human Resources, Senior Management Team and Board of Directors.
- An industry recognised qualification such as the NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma or equivalent
- Experience of maintaining or reaching externally audited management standards such as ISO45001
- Credible experience in health and safety, including operations experience.
- Experience of managing workplace well-being would be advantageous
- Confident in engaging and managing stakeholders
- Excellent organisation skills and able to manage a broad portfolio of activities.
- A track record of project management
- Positive can-do attitude with a customer service focus
Get in touch with Andy Brooks - 1st Step Solutions on 01173 326633