Brooklyn, New York
2 months ago
Position: Heavy Civil Superintendent
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Salary: $150,000 - 170,000
1st Step is now working with one of the leading Heavy Civil Contractors in the NY area. As a fully bonded, licensed and insured contractor, they have worked with several New York government agencies including the DOC, DEP, DDC, DPR, EDC, and SCA to name just a few. They have expertise in a number of heavy civil construction services such as dewatering, roadwork, sewer work, and water main work. With an unblemished track record of completing complex projects and meeting stringent deadlines; they continue to develop long-lasting relationships with numerous clients such as architects, government agencies, developers, lenders and contractors.
* Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
* Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work. Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
* Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
* Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
* Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
* Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
* Interview and select workers for the site.
* Track time and approve time cards for payroll.
* Prepare work schedule and must approve time off requested by workers.
* Must be familiar with each labor contract to ensure that violations of the terms do not occur. Contact person for all union representatives
* Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Blueprint reading.
* Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures. Monitoring job-site general health and safety.
* Education and/or Experience
* Experience in Heavy Construction required. Minimum of 5 years of verifiable experience.
* Office experience of Microsoft office (Excel, word, project & Outlook) is also preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
Job Type: Full-time