20 days ago
3 months +
Are re you a Highways operative looking for a new position to see you through the new year? 1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for a Highways Operative to work on a new site in Somerset, South West England.
As a Highways operatibe you must have a CSCS Card and experience in a similar environment.
Role & Responsibilities
* To ensure the safety of the workforce and public
* Undertake out of hours winter maintenance and emergency works
* The erecting and removal of appropriate signs, barriers, warning lamps etc in accordance with the Code of Practice
* The preparation, application, compaction and removal of soils, rocks, coated and other materials
* Work on Highways furniture, equipment and similar fixtures(e.g. Erection, maintenance, fixing and/or dismantling)
* General maintenance of highway environs
* Work to precise levels and requirements in construction work in a number of tasks (e.g. Drain laying, trench timbering, manhole concreting, kerb laying, fencing, walling, flag and block paving, signing works) to be a competent in at least 3 of these tasks and maintain all other disciplines as required to cover the highways network.
* Driving of vehicles requiring specialist LGV Class C driving skills or prepared to undertake appropriate training.
* Drive all of the plant and equipment necessary for the required disciplines for maintenance and drainage on Highways and Network
* Take responsibility for vehicles/plant/materials in your charge
* CSCS - mandatory
* NRSWA - desirable
* LGV Class C - desirable
* Clean driving license.
* Safety Critical worker - must obtain an occupational health check.
The position is due to start as soon as possible for approx. 4 months and is paying £10.50 PAYE.
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV or contact Hayley at 1st Step Solutions.
You will be required to provide proof of your right to work in the UK along with proof of industry certificated and references where you have performed similar duties.