£70000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
8 months ago
A real hand's on position that will ultimately grow with the Rail Division and as the division grows, can be integral in shaping the department for the future.
This will require working closely with the Director for Rail and the Group HSQE Director and is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
It is the duty of the HSEQ Manager for Rail, as far as reasonably practicable, to be:
* Responsible to the Director for Rail for the implementation, within the Rail Division, of the company's Safety Policy in accordance with The Health and Safety at Work Act etc 1974.
* Responsible, in conjunction with directors, managers and supervisors, for ensuring compliance with The Health and Safety at Work Act etc 1974 and any other relevant legislation for all Rail Division activities.
* Work with the Group HSE Director to ensure that the company's Policy is constantly monitored, reviewed and updated to ensure the highest possible standard of safety and awareness is achieved.
* Maintain health & safety records and accident reports, records, documentation and project specific health and safety information for the Rail Division.
* Obtaining health & safety information from subcontractors where applicable.
* Maintaining the Rail Division accident book and reporting to the Group HSE Director when required.
* Prepare and maintain Rail office health & safety records, workstation assessments and check lists
* Investigating and reporting all major injuries and dangerous occurrences within the Rail Division.
* Co-operating with the Group HSE Director and taking immediate action with regard to any requirement of the Health & Safety Executive or the Company's appointed independent Safety Inspectors.
* Monitoring the performance of employees, sub-contractors and the self-employed in regard to compliance with the company Health & Safety Policy within the Rail Division.
* Implement and maintain the integrated safety environmental management system for Rail, and to advise the Director for Rail and the Group HSE Director on any significant changes thereof.
* Produce an Integrated Management System structure for the Rail Division utilising the current Group IMS and associated documents where applicable. A stand-alone Rail business IMS will be a future goal/deliverable.
* Ensure that reports on the performance of the integrated management system are presented to the Director for Rail for review and used as a basis for improvement of the integrated management system.
* Ensure completion of all HSEQ deliverables for all Rail tenders and present HSEQ deliverables at both, internal, and client tender start-up, mid tender and post tender interview/presentations. This will involve working with the Project Manager and Estimating/Bid delivery team.
* Promote the principles of continuous improvement of SHEQ performance as communicated within the Managing Directors Policy Statements; Demonstrate strong leadership to reinforce a positive Company "Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality" culture within the Rail Division.
* Communicate SHEQ Company objectives to all Rail division personnel and delivery partners and support the Group SHEQ Action Plan.
* Ensure compliance with the Company SHEQ management system procedures with particular emphasis on risk assessment, method statements, site safety checks, toolbox talks and sub-contractor management.
* Carry out formal site safety inspections and audits.
* Advise and support project operations management on the following:
* Assist site team with set-up documentation and arrangements.
* Subcontractor "Start-up" Meetings (Site Team should do this with HSQE manager in attendance).
* Prevention of injury to personnel and damage to plant and equipment.
* Transfer of best practice improvements in working methods / safe systems of work.
* Legal requirements affecting health, safety and welfare and the adequacy of the facilities provided.
* Provision and use of personal protective equipment and clothing.
* Suitability of plant, equipment and materials from a SHEQ viewpoint.
* Potential hazards and associated control measures to achieve safe systems of work / safe place of work.
* Improvement of subcontractors SHE performance.
* Presentation of toolbox talks and Safety 'Stand Downs'.
Reporting directly to the Director for Rail, working alongside the Group's HSQE team offering in building the rail department's strategy for HSQE.
* Must have rail experience in the role
* Must be able to cover all discipline's
* Must be suitably qualified
* Must be hands on and work on their own, but also lead a team as we grow the Rail Division