City of London, London
18 days ago
HV/ICP Design Engineer
1st Step are currently working on behalf of our client based in City of London who have a rare opportunity for an experienced HV/ICP Design Engineer to join their business.
They are looking for dynamic individuals who have a proven experience gained working in either a design role for DNO business or with a HV Contractor working to a DNO business.
You MUST be educated to degree level in Electrical Engineering and be chartered or incorporated as a minimum.
- Engaging with several contractors/consultants/suppliers and networking in order to obtain design proposals and fees/designs/support/input for an opportunity.
- Hosting and/or attending meetings with clients, DNO's, project managers, operational delivery teams.
- Being responsible for the production of drawings (with CAD support), specifications, schedules, calculations, technical submittals, technically reviewing quotations/orders, ensuring compliance with DNO and regulatory requirements.
- Visit sites and engage in design team meetings and represent the business.
- Review designs for co-ordination purposes and to offer your experience in any gaps analysis and generate solutions to mitigate these risks.
- Spend some time Influencing the bid strategies, technical deliverables, creating compelling content.
- Technical Review of Tender Opportunities from a compliance, opportunity and risk perspective.
- Technical oversight of bid submissions and significant procurement elements.
- Management of any CAD and design work, responsible for the production of the design itself and any outsource elements.
- Ongoing oversight of projects and operations from a Technical perspective.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering.
- DNO Standards for Design and Process Management.
- Operational Safety Rules and Safe Systems of Work.
- CDM and Residual Risk experience.
- 2D and 3D CAD, e.g. AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks.
- IT skills to conduct formal presentations and conduct analysis of performance figures.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to network, internally/externally to facilitate development of customers and stakeholders.