£40000 - £50000 per annum
South West Recruitment Team
about 1 year ago
01/07/2020 or ASAP
Service Department Manager
The role of Service Department Manager will be a busy position that will involve dealing with customers and engineers on a daily basis. The successful candidate will need to be able to manage their own workload and perform well under pressure whilst reporting directly into the senior management team.
The service team currently deliver £1m of PPM and Reactive maintenance to HVAC plant and equipment to a wide range on clients and site types. The successful candidate will be determined and driven, with a key sales role in continuing to grow the department to upwards of £2m within the next 5 years.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the creation of renewal contracts and new proposals for customers.
- Surveying and Attending Site meetings
- Ensure all assigned contracts are renewed by the contract expiry date
- Managing both on site and office based staff.
- Responsible for annual ppm planner organization/labour allocation
- Responding to customer queries via email or telephone.
- Liaising with customers and account managers regarding pending contract proposals.
- Liaising with manufacturers in respect of support specifications and pricing.
- Ensure all renewal activities are recorded and forecast data is accurately maintained.
- Visting both old an new clients to ensure business growth.
- Issuing detailed client quotations.
- Overseeing monthly Forecasting and Billing activities
- Ensuring contractural and legistative complaince within the department.
- Responsible for working within departmental budgets.
- Plus, general day to day duties of running a service department.
- Establisted HVAC Service department management back ground
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accomplished organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of service department operations and organisation.
- Technical knowledge including of Air Conditioning / Refrigeration / Chillers advantageous.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft packages, particularly Word and Outlook, along side XERO, Workflow and SimPro.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a busy similar role, which required the ability to work well under pressure and to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- You will travel throughout Bristol and South Wales, so a full driving licence will be required.
- Relevant Qualifications in a Building services or engineering discipline.
- Along with a competitive basic salary, the postholder will also receive a car allowance ,company mobile phone and laptop.
- 20-days holiday (plus bank holidays) which increases after two years' service by 1 day per annum to a max 25 days plus bank holiday's.