South West Recruitment Team
4 months ago
1st Step Solutions (M&E Recruitment Specialists)
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a national PLC company for the following role.
Required: ICA Technician
Contract status: Permanent & full time
An opportunity has arisen for an ICA Technician. Reporting to the Operations Manager, supporting the Project Delivery Team, you will be involved in inspecting, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair as appropriate, instrumentation, control and automation equipment in a safe, efficient, timely and effective manner with minimum supervision within the water industry.
The employer work in partnership and collaboration with customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants. Providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover. Their Water business provides 'Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking' across projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring they are supporting customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience. They currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
What you'll be doing day to day
This instrumentation, control & automation (ICA) engineering technician will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, with the following responsibilities:
- Installing, modifying and commissioning new plant equipment to relevant standards and to diagnose and repair faults on systems and plants. Proactively identifying and reporting follow on work or areas for enhancement.
- Working as the ICA Electrical Technician alongside multi-disciplinary operational teams such as mechanical, process and electrical technicians.
- Liaising and supervising contractors and suppliers where necessary.
- Carrying out instrumentation, control and automation maintenance on a variety of wastewater assets including planned maintenance and defect maintenance.
- Delivering cost-effective improvements to assets and systems.
- Conducting your own risk assessments and create appropriate method statements when required to safely carry out maintenance activities.
- Providing specialist technical advice where appropriate with up to date technical knowledge and provide training support for technical trainees.
- Carry out scheduled planned maintenance work in compliance with company procedures in order to minimize plant breakdowns.
- Support project development and input into capital delivery projects.
- Investigate the nature of plant failures and subsequently carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process.
- Examples of some instrumentation you could be working on are flow meters, pressure levels, ultrasonic, radar, gas detection, PH monitors.
- Knowledge of PLC software packages would be a distinct advantage.
The experience the employer are looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries on SEMD frameworks
- Relevant H&S qualifications (IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management, A relevant CSCS card and First Aid training)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Blue Water hygiene card
What the employer can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
How do you apply?
Please submit your CV or alternatively you can contact Ralph Preston in our Bristol office on 01173326633
If you do not hear from us within 10 working days, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies and contact you accordingly.