Birmingham, West Midlands
3 months ago
1st Step Solutions have a great opportunity for a Junior / Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer in Birmingham
The ideal Junior / Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer will be driven to deliver quality designs for a wide range of project types and sizes across a wide variety of sectors, including health, Education, Commercial and industrial and will take pride in their work, with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility for projects and in their portfolio. There will be a large element of site work performing duties as site surveys and attending site meetings. You will also be mentored by a Senior Electrical Design Engineer
The successful candidate will be an experienced Junior / Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer, who has a solid and stable career history and has worked for contractors starting and completing projects. Due to increases of tenders won and live projects commencing this reputable Mechanical and Electrical are recruiting across several of their UK offices.
Junior / Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer Duties:
* working within a small multi-discipline team of engineers and CAD/Revit support staff in delivering the designs of assigned projects.
* Part of a team working on multiple projects at one time.
* Be in a client facing role, attending project meeting and being a key focal point for the business during the design phase of the project.
* Take responsibility for the technical and timely delivery of your assigned projects.
* Engage with Senior Electrical Design Engineers in their day to day activities, learning and gaining guidance to ensure you develop their design and project management skills in preparation of getting Chartered Engineer status
* Monitor and report on design progress and delivery.
* Provide input and technical support to the Sales and Estimating department, including attending design review meetings with clients, internal design team and sub-contractors
* Have good working knowledge of industry design software; Dialux, Amtech, AutoCAD, Revit, Magi CAD, Solibri etc.
* Be innovative and forward looking and support the development of new methods, techniques and technologies.
* With 2-4 years' experience in a Junior Electrical Design Engineer or Intermediate Electrical Design position
* Exposure to a wide variety of projects in various sectors
* HNC or a Degree in Electrical Design Engineer or an equivalent engineering qualification
* Working knowledge of software such as Dialux or Amtech
* A working knowledge of Microsoft packages - Word, Excel and Outlook
* The ability to perform manual calculations for load distributions using excel
* Ideally come from a building services Consultancy or Contractor background
Junior Electrical Design or Intermediate Electrical Design Engineers with stable work backgrounds with good access to the Birmingham area are encouraged to apply for this role. If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for Senior or Principal Electrical Design Engineer, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622