11 days ago
1st Step Solutions have a great opportunity for a talented and ambitious Intermediate Electrical Engineer based in Dartford. Our client is a growing and ambitious Mechanical and Electrical Contractor who set up this office 5 years ago to maintain and build their client base in the South of England. They have an exciting portfolio of engineering projects across London and the South East mainly in the new build and refurbishment of health care facilities, heritage buildings, industrial facilities, schools, offices and luxury residential projects with values up to £5m. They have been awarded several projects from one of their main clients and our keen to find a hardworking Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join their team based out of their Dartford office.
Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer Duties:
The ideal Intermediate Electrical Engineer will be driven to deliver quality projects, and will take pride in their work, with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility for projects within their remit.
This is a great opportunity to deliver a long-lasting project from the start to handover with a reputable contractor. In order to be successful, you would need to have worked as an Intermediate Electrical Engineer on projects in the education, commercial or health care sectors in the region of £5m
* Issuing technical submittals of all equipment / packages
* Issue all programmes pre-construction
* Commissioning and handover
* Produce and issue weekly project reports
* Manage project progress and design meetings
* Produce and maintain conceptual and detailed designs
* Review design documents from consultancy on project
* Experience of working on projects in the £5m - £10m region
* Strong technical awareness of electrical lighting, power and distribution services
* Proven track record of delivering large scale projects especially in the Education, Commercial and health care sector
* Ability to work to a tight programme
* Must have client liaison and management experience as it is a client facing role
* Experience of delivering projects
* Holds a B Eng in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent qualification
* A working knowledge of Microsoft packages - Word, Excel and Outlook
* Experience of overseeing contractors on site, work alongside the programme of the works, carry out compliance checks, submitting technical submittals, amend design works, RAMS etc
* Strong design skills as will be working directly with clients, architects and selected consultancy designers combined with excellent communication skills
* Intermediate Electrical Engineers with good access to the Dartford or Kent area are encouraged to apply for this role.
If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for Intermediate Electrical Engineers, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622