14 days ago
Our client is seeking an experienced ITS Technician to support their ITS team based in their Peterborough office.
Reporting to the Senior ITS Officer, you will play an important role in the installation and maintenance of intelligent transport systems in Peterborough, ensuring their safe and efficient operation for public use.
- Be responsible for the day to day operation of systems such as traffic signals, real time passenger information and traffic counters.
- Diagnose and report faults using remote monitoring and fault management systems.
- Provide back office data management ensuring asset records are kept up to date.
- Be the first point of contact for any site based work including fault identification and site inspection.
- Be responsible for liaising with the Street Works Team and coordinating third party requests for traffic signal switch off / ons.
- Assist the Senior ITS Officer with monitoring maintenance contracts, reviewing designs, installing new traffic signal sites and attending new equipment tests.
- Assist the Senior ITS Officer with reviewing asset data, procedures and specification documents.
- Willing to work outside core hours when required.
- 5 GCSE's A-C grade (or equivalent) including Math & English (minimum requirement).
- ONC/HNC level in an electrical / computer / engineering discipline (desirable).
- Computer literate particularly with packages such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience of site based work (desirable).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.