£11 - £12.50 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a temporary Document Controller to join their team for a site based role in South East London.
You must have previous experience within the construction industry and be familiar with the document control process.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel is a must with a good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Provide telephone assistance to enquiries and support all office staff in terms of general administration.
- Typing letters as and when requested.
- Open and distribute company post.
- Type and distribute company correspondence and panel labels.
- Co-ordinate and book Engineers/Staff on to appropriate training courses.
- Placing orders for office supplies.
- Completion and maintenance of various databases associated with the tasks listed above.
- Undertake any other duties as requested from time to time that fall within the scope of the position.
- Work safely in accordance with the company's current health and safety policy and procedures.
- Uploading documents using EDM Software.
- General administration that can include scanning and printing of documents and preparation of required project documents.
- Control of drawings issued from external sources to head office.
- Monitoring and updating project completion files on server.
- Collating project information for server and to assist in production of O&M manuals.
- Production of O&M Manuals if not sourced externally.
- Preparation for meetings and diaries. Including booking of meeting rooms and preparation of refreshments.
- Issuing of latest project information to subcontractors alongside engineers can include programmes and technical information.
- Issuing of RFI and Technical submissions to clients and updating relevant schedules.
- Managing the filing within the office - hard and soft copies.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Computer literate - good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A good understanding of the English language and its application.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.