New York, USA
7 months ago
New York, NY
1ST Step is proud to be working with one of the most reputable general contractors in the New York area. This contractor is involved with both interior and ground-up projects throughout the Tri-State area. They have a strong client base in the Corporate Office, Residential, Hospitality, Retail, Educational and Healthcare markets.
Currently we have an exciting opening for a Junior Estimator. The Junior Estimator will support the Senior Estimator and Project Managers and is responsible for researching information to prepare project proposals for clients, reviewing project drawings, studying and summarizing project specifications, keeping files current, and answering phone calls for the department.
* Computer cost factors and develop plan & spec and design build estimates
* Review blueprints, specifications, and other documents as it relates to the project
* Attend pre-bid job meetings and site surveys when required
* Perform detailed quantity take-offs, price, and labor on all items
* Ensure timely completion of estimates by understanding the proper bid date and time and the correct delivery method/location for bids
* Assemble estimate folder ensuring all estimate information is complete
* Participate in project turnover and setup
* Participate in post-project reviews to improve estimating methods and procedures
* Assist Project Manager in estimating change orders or any other project's changed conditions
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Accounting, Applied Science, Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
* 3 - 4 years' prior industry related experience
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Focused and goal-oriented