Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
6 months ago
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a global independent construction, property and management consultancy, with projects across the UK and Europe who are looking to add a Junior M&E Design Engineer to their Yorkshire based team.
The business is completely privately owned with many global regions offering company ownership to all employees in the business. The UK business is 100% employee owned. This in turn ensures independence of our advice and allows us the freedom to focus on the long-term investment in our people and our industry.
* This Junior M&E Design Engineer position is needed to help develop / expand the design team, manage business demands and grow the office in Leeds/Sheffield, as well as the need to improve and maintain new client relationships.
* As the Junior M&E Design Engineer, you will support the Senior Engineer with providing a full engineering service and project support for varied project workload, assisting with all aspects of the design process.
* Being the Junior M&E Design Engineer will need to be able to work closely with clients, as part of a team, be methodical and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. You will also be required to attend site meetings and client design meetings.
* The need is for a Junior M&E Design Engineer who is an enthusiastic self-motivated person that can work with design software independently, including Revit.
* You will be involved in the full process from tender drawings and attending design meetings to reporting and commissioning.
* You'll get involved in projects from feasibility, through detail design, installation, commissioning and handover; ensuring you develop into a well-rounded and commercially aware engineer.
* You'll get involved in a range of new build, complex refurbishment or upgrade projects often working directly for the end user client, working on the client's behalf as part of the client team.
* Ensuring an understanding of project briefs.
* Design and specification of all Mechanical Building Services systems - heating, cooling, ventilation, controls.
* Carry out detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools inc. Excel, IES, Hevacomp, in-house developed tools.
* Preparing technical specifications using NBS and Microsoft Word.
* Preparing drawings for design / use of AutoCAD (& Revit).
* Representing the client at meetings with clients and contractors.
* Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
* Report & technical note writing.
* Adherence to all quality, environmental & governance processes.
* Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in M&E Building Services Engineering or related subjects.
* Interested in working towards Chartered Engineer status with CIBSE / IMechE / IET.
* Good level of computer literacy in a range of digital tools inc; IES thermal modelling package, Hevacomp, NBS and Microsoft packages.
* Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is preferred but not essential.
* 1-2 years experience as a Junior M&E Design Engineer