South London, London
£200 - £250 per day
4 months ago
1st Step Solutions are working with a commercial and residential construction Contractor who are currently looking to add a Junior Project Manager to their team.
Our client provides fit-out services to the leisure and retail industries, primarily focusing on shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and leisure centres although they do also work on office and residential fit-outs. Project values are up to £500k, all projects are based in London and the surrounding counties.
Our client offers design and build, they will tender new projects and once these are won they will go into an empty shell and deliver/manage the complete fit-out including M&E, all aspects of construction including joinery, flooring and furniture installation.
The successful candidate will hold a valid CSCS card, will be able to commute to the head office in South London and be able to provide references of similar roles that they've worked on within the past 2x years.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs.
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks.
- Account management of key clients during contract implementation.
- Managing client expectations.
- Must have - Previous administration experience in a deadline focused environment
- Must have - Previous experience delivering fit-out projects
- Essential - Full UK driving license and access to own vehicle
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills
- Good at building relationships
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle several projects and tasks at once
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines
Start Date: Mid-October
Duration: Ongoing - Contract initially, with option of temp to perm after 6 months
Hours worked: 7am - 4pm
Day Rate: £200 - £250p/day
Salary: Starting £35,000 - £40,000 (after 6 months)
If interested, please forward a CV and cover letter . Alternatively, please contact Varsika or Sean on 01322 537777 to discuss this role in further detail.