Manchester, Greater Manchester
+ car allowance
2 months ago
Lead Buyer (Facilities)
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a National Contractor who are looking to recruit a Lead Buyer within their Facilities division. You will be operating from the Manchester offices although overseeing the North & South which will require travel to projects within the UK.
Ideally, they are looking for a Lead Buyer with experience within Facilities Management although may consider candidates from the Building Services sector.
They work across various project types including Commercial, Residential, Mixed Use, Data Centres, Health & Education and Aviation.
- To ensure all procurement processes are implemented, in accordance with the UK Procurement strategy and policy.
- To define and develop the divisional strategy for the assigned product categories and purchasing families.
- To actively measure, monitor, manage, and lead relationships with suppliers to deliver continual improvement and value to our business.
- To work with business stakeholders to ensure that best practice procurement processes are followed; delivering demonstrable cost savings through supplier agreements, schedules, rebates, discounts, etc.
- To work closely with divisional Managing Directors, Commercial and Operational teams in the relevant business divisions to deliver an excellent procurement service and value improvement and to align Procurement strategy to business needs.
(Full job description will be provided to suitable candidates).
- Educated to degree level of equivalent.
- Clear understanding of category management and it's ability to deliver cost savings.
- Awareness of Procurement best practice procedures.
- Ability to develop strong relationships within the business areas.
- Strong negotiation abilities.
- Strong level of networking.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Demonstrable experience of business partnering.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to accept and accomplish multiple and diverse assignments.
- Excellent IT skills: Microsoft Office, ERP systems and current purchasing tools.
- Possession of or studying towards MCIPS accreditation.
- Specific knowledge of the market/product categories.