£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Fantastic Benefits
2 months ago
1st Step Solutions have a great opportunity for an experienced Lead Mechanical QA/QC to work for one of Europe's leading main contractors. Our client is an establish Mechanical and Electrical Contractor who have one of the most respected names in the international construction industry working on Data Centre, Pharmaceutical and Mission Critical projects across mainland Europe.
The last decade has been a fantastic period for them and 2019 is planning to be an exciting and busy time for this contractor as they look to enhance their reputation by working on some of the most iconic projects in the construction industry at this current time.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Lead Mechanical QA/QC who has a solid and stable engineering career history and has worked for contractors starting and completing large mission critical and Data Centre projects.
Lead Mechanical QA/QC Duties:
This role will be based out of a large Data Centre in Denmark and the successful candidate will be working on a rotational basis of 6 weeks on and 1 week off.
The main duties will be the following: -
* Perform all daily inspections and test of the scope necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract
* Carry out inspection and checking all quality related procedures in the site and ensure all mechanical installations at the site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan
* Taking care of QA/QC documents of the entire project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction / observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents
* Responsible for the closure of Non-compliance, NCR and site instructions
* Report to the QA/QC Manager, control and monitor all activities related to quality on site
* Carry out internal audit at the site as scheduled in the Project Quality plan
* Develop method statements, risk assessments and job safety project, environmental analysis and inspection Test plan and checklist based on specifications of the mechanical, HVAC and plant room installations.
* Coordinate with the Clients representative and Project Manager/ Project Director for inspection and meeting about quality problems including the closure of Non-Compliance Report.
* Strong technical awareness of mechanical services and plant
* At least 3 year's experience in a similar Mechanical QA/QC role or commissioning role
* A degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent qualification
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work to a tight programme and ensuring deadlines are met.
* Previous Mechanical QA/QC experience especially in Data Centre or Mission Critical projects
* Strong operational skills and strong attention to detail skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to work under pressure
* Ideally with a Trade; HVAC, Mechanical or Plumbing background,
* A working knowledge of Auto CAD as well as Microsoft packages - Word, Excel and Outlook
The salary on offer is negotiable but it is an Executive level package due to the level of importance of the Lead Mechanical QA/QC within this project.
They also offer fantastic benefits package which includes but is not limited to the following.
* Pension Scheme (after 6-month probation period)
* Educational Assistance (after 6-month probation period)
* Accommodation provided
* Transport provided to site
* Overseas Allowance - Tax free £6150 per year
* Return flights home paid
* Rotation 6 weeks on 1 week off
Lead Mechanical QA/QC with stable work backgrounds with the ability to work in Denmark for 6-week periods at a time and have previous Data Centre experience are encouraged to apply for this role. If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for Lead Mechanical QA/QC, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622