£18 - £20 per hour
about 1 month ago
1st Step Solutions require a Learning Support Administrator in Exeter. We require a Learning Support Administrator for a 1 year contract.
As a Learning Support Administrator, you will have previous experience of looking within a Support role working with vulnerable adults & children.
Job Title | Learning Support Administrator
Location | Exeter
Duration | 12 Months
Start Date | ASAP
Rate | £20.00p/h
- Supervise and support Apprentices ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Help to support and overcome issues for those with learning needs
- Support apprentices in all areas of literacy and help understanding of the subject
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of
and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and develop positive relationships.
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
- Prepare the classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils' work.
- Be aware of pupil progress/achievements and report observations to the teacher in an agreed format.
- Contribute to record keeping as requested.
- Support the teacher in helping pupil to manage their behaviour, reporting
observations as appropriate.
- Supporting a positive home-school relationship, by sharing information with parents and carers.
- Provide clerical/administrative support e.g. photocopying, filing.
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid, health and safety and construction (Highways) and its terminology.
- Understanding of Dyslexia and Autism.
- Ability to speak and write clearly.
- Ability to relate to young adults.
- Use of basic technology e.g. PCs, computer, photocopier, tablets.
- NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or building up equivalent experience.
- Safeguarding qualifications.
- CRB checked or willing to undertake.