South Yorkshire, England
about 1 month ago
Our client is a growing M&E Contractor based in South Yorkshire with project coverage across Yorkshire and the Midlands. They are looking to appoint a M&E Buyer, reporting directly to the Supply Chain Director.
The role of the Buyer is to control supply chain throughout the business. The Buyer supports all departments and covers all areas of the business.
* Liaising with key colleagues and forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels.
* Negotiating pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers.
* Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
* Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments, and customers.
* Identifying potential suppliers and building and maintaining good relationships with them.
* Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided.
* Keeping contract files and using them as reference for the future.
* Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
* Producing reports and statistics using demonstrating purchasing trends and maximising buying opportunities.
* Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
* Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives.
* Attending meetings and trade conferences.
* Training and supervising the work of other members of staff.
* Support the business in any way necessary as appropriate when requested by Directors or Management.
* Uploading new M&E products onto databases and maintain accuracy of the existing list of inventory including but not limited to fit rates and net prices.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
* Good administration skills.
* Enjoy working with people.
* Have good spoken and written communication skills.
* Have good organising skills.
* Have problem solving skills.
* Be able to work accurately, with good attention to detail.
* Be able to use databases, spreadsheets, word processing and excel.
* Excellent numeracy skills.