£400.00 - £460.00 per day
3 months ago
One of the world's leading principal contractors is looking for an experienced and confident M&E Design Manager to join their team in London, working on some of the most significant rail projects in the UK (TFL and HS2), construction-side, responsible for the adaption and implementation of building services designs.
The position will enable you to use your technical knowledge of MEP design in a practical context throughout the whole design process, in long-lasting and satisfying projects. Ideally suited to someone with a strong technical grounding in M&E design and a confident, outgoing personality and a desire to take on a role involving more than just producing designs and delivering projects.
You will spend a lot of your time in front of clients, as the face of the company for design-related aspects of projects, and liaising between different stakeholders in the project. You will need to be commercially aware and adept at "firefighting" and sometimes having difficult conversations.
Your days will be varied and fast-paced, in an environment where quick-thinking, working under pressure and balancing multiple stakeholders' needs against the capabilities of your team and the wider firm will be essential. Day to day duties, depending on the day, could include:
* Representing the M&E design team within the company to best serve its needs
* Representing the firm from a design perspective to clients, sub-contractors and other involved parties on various projects
* Checking and signing off M&E designs produced by subconsultants
* Researching and sourcing the equipment which best fulfills the needs of designs while finding budget savings
* Managing the design offer of individual projects in terms of man-hours and cost
* Managing your own resources and those of your team against the requirements of many and varied projects
* Mentoring and helping develop design engineers within your team
This is a unique opportunity which could be exactly what you are looking for to develop your career into interesting areas.
If you have the relevant experience and are interested in the senior electrical design engineer position, please apply or contact Kevin Efe at 1st Step Solutions for more information.