City of London, London
4 months ago
1st Step Solutions have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced M&E Document Controller on a permanent basis in London.
We are looking for selective candidates that have experience using Aconex and have previously worked within M&E, specifically on rail projects.
You must be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills in addition to good customer focus.
- Prepare and maintain the project drawing production schedule.
- Issue drawings as directed and maintain a log of all drawings issued.
- Receive / distribute drawings as directed and maintain a log of all drawings received.
- Arrange for drawings to be printed as from external providers or in house as required for Engineers and QA requirements.
- Maintain drawing stick files up dating and superseding as required.
- Prepare and maintain A3 folders for use by site personnel (as required).
- Acquisition and collation of documentation for technical submissions as directed by the engineering team.
- Issuing technical submissions as directed.
- Receiving and distributing technical submission returns as directed and maintaining a log of technical submission status.
- From time to time progress with suppliers / manufacturers in the production of technical submission literature.
- Issuing requests for information as directed.
- Receiving and distributing requests for information returns as directed and maintaining a log of requests for information status.
- Issue sample and bench marking documentation as directed.
- Receive and circulate returns and maintain logs of status.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems according to the company procedures.
- Ensuring an appropriate and logical numbering convention is used for all project documents.
- Binding documents into a single file (reducing the size if necessary) to create a single manageable document for issue to the client.
- Monitoring of all issue logs and the progressing of all items in delay.
- Use web based systems to issue and receive all electronic media and providing status reports from those system.
- Prepare and maintain a project directory and ensure that manufacturers?, suppliers, project team companies addresses and telephone numbers are kept up-to-date.
- Assisting with the production of regular progress reports for approval by the projects engineer.
- Archiving documentation at project completion.
- Maintain Rail dept (and project) holiday calendars.
- Maintain Rail dept and project training matrix.
- Attend Management/client meetings when requested to take minutes.
- Receive daily/nightly shift reports from site.
- Process material requests.
- Manage Purchase Orders process.
- Collate Vehicle Reports.
- Collate weekly timesheets.
Should you be interested in this role then please provide your CV for review.
Due to the number of applications that we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.