York, North Yorkshire
7 months ago
M&E Project Manager: York
- To manage and deliver successful projects.
- To provide engineering expertise to all projects.
- To implement engineering processes.
- To provide technical assistance to in house and sub-contract labour.
- To lead and deliver successful projects as part of the company projects team, on time and within budget.
- Provide technical expertise and lead the projects team and develop and maintain a good working relationship.
- Ensure compliance to all company policies and procedures.
- Liaise closely with the Project, Commercial, Engineering/Design and Estimating teams.
- Managing projects from inception to completion.
- Manage multiple projects if required.
- Develop and implement project schedules.
- Review, sign-off and implement project Quality plans and procedures.
- Review, sign-off and implement project EHS Management plans.
- Management and motivation of project teams.
- Develop and agree submission and approvals process with client / design consultants.
- Attend meetings to co-ordinate and ensure project performance at client / project management internal and external meetings.
- Review all project documents.
- Procure all plant. Labour and materials.
- Procure all sub-contract packages.
- Review and assist the commissioning process.
- Liaison with Sub-contractor and suppliers to avoid project delays and cost implications.
- Produce project programmes.
- Provide monthly project reports for the contract's manager.
- Be commercially aware and report on all commercial aspects of the project.
- Review and monitor progress against the project programme.
- Provide information to the client, contractors, in house staff and end user.
- To be able to review all technical and contractual information.
- Ongoing liaison with design teams and project teams to ensure project performance.
- Consider cost, safety and time constraints on all projects.
- Produce procurement documentation.
- Assist in design and estimations as and when required.
- Carry out surveys and produce reports if required.
- Offer alternative engineering solutions to overcome project obstacles.
- Offer value engineering alternatives.
- Other duties as required by the Contracts/Project Manager.
- The successful candidate will be qualified to at least HNC/D level or have suitable experience in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering and will possess:
- Technical knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical services.
- A proven track record of delivery within the M&E installation sector up to £5m.
- Experience managing multiple site-based team/s.
- Clear and confident written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and skills to effectively problem solve.
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
- Commercially aware.
- Over 5 years' experience within a PM role.
- IT literate.
- Experience within the food and pharmaceutical environment.
- IOSH Managing Safely
- CSCS Card - Manager Level
For more information please get in contact,