4 months ago
We have an opportunity for a Project M&E Quantity Surveyor working with a Leading M&E Contractor in Hampshire.
The business is currently working on MEP projects in excess of £20 million across the UK and this one in particular is £15 million. Projects are across Commercial, Residential, Education, MOD and Healthcare.
This would be a great opportunity for the right candidate to step into a business and make something their own from a Commercial capacity with the ability to mentor a team moving forward whilst progressing your career delivering a prestigious project within the region.
* To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
* Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
* Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
* Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
* Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
* Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
* Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
* Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
* Preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
* Assistance with procurement of capital plant and sub-contract packages, reviewing specifications and Employer Requirements, to ensure compliance.
* Preparation, reviewing & agreement of Monthly Applications.
* Submission & agreement of variations.
* Internal CVR's.
* Budget forecasting.
* Cost Planning in the design stage of construction to budget
Experience and qualifications
* Demonstrable experience within a similar role
* Qualified at degree level or working towards relevant industry qualifications
* A positive, proactive individual that works collaboratively with colleagues and the client team
* Good negotiation skills
* Good reporting and communication skills
Are you interested in stepping up into a Senior role or even just a change of contractor? Please get in touch to discuss further.