Merthyr Tydfil, Wales
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Car or car allowance, pension, healthcare
9 months ago
Our client a leading UK M&E Contractor have a full time position, project based at Prince Charles Hopsital - Merthyr Tydfil for Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor.
The ideal candidate would be someone with a history of working on Healthcare Projects, Design for Life or P21.
To provide regular contractual and financial information to monitor the achievement of project objectives, to assist with the vetting of sub-contract documents prior to execution and generally to maximise the financial return in respect of each project, as described herein.
* Vetting and negotiation in connection with the proposed sub-contract documentation to achieve the best deal for the company;
* Production and submission of cash flow forecast (Internal/External);
* Assist the project contract engineer in the preparation of the sub-sub-contractor enquiry document, collate and prepare sub-sub-contract documents and agree with sub-sub-contractor;
* Provide advice on suppliers/sub-sub-contractors quotations;
* Produce monthly WIP's reports to agreed deadlines;
* Obtain written agreement on suppliers/sub-sub-contractors final accounts, in conjunction with the project contracts engineer;
* Collate and prepare in agreed format, variation measurement details for submission to the Main Contractor/P.Q.S;
* Preparation of final account including agreement of variation account;
* Analysis of the sub-contract tender to prepare format for valuation applications.
* Co-ordinate fully with all other disciplines/departments;
* Attend project support meetings as and when required;
* Liaise closely with the site project team on all project issues;
* Communicate with Regional Managers on potential problem areas;
* Prepare schedule of attendance's to be provided by the Main Contractor and circulate for internal and external domestic use.
* Regular communication is required with main Contractors, suppliers and sub-contractors;
* Attend meetings with the above as and when required;
* Prepare, maximise and agree Interim valuation applications.
Planning and Control
* Monitor performance against project cost/value making recommendations and implementing agreed action;
* Assist in the monitoring of project progress relative to agreed sub-contract programme and if necessary issue of appropriate 'formal' notices. Preparation of contractual claims under the main contract and domestic sub-sub-contracts.
* Administer and maintain Surveying internal filing system;
* Production and receipt of project correspondence;
* Follow and maintain the company's procedure on quality assurance.
* Assess in conjunction with engineering, drawings produced in order to assist in the identification of variations.
* Define, evaluate, discuss, decide, produce action plans for and implement resolutions to any problems that may arise during work.
Health and Safety
* Implement the company's policy on Health and Safety in conjunction with the H&S Department.
* Be flexible and adaptable to change and experimentation;
* Encourage new ideas, i.e. Organisational and systems developments;
* Adapt and develop to new specialised areas of work, when necessary.
* Encourage opportunities for self-development, i.e. Training courses, college courses, promotional interests, etc.
* Examination and payment of sub-sub-contractor accounts including settlement of variation accounts, and issue of sub-contract notices as required.
* Trainee/Junior Surveyors, as applicable.
* To develop and maintain the 'Key Responsibilities'/systems and procedures;
* Identify areas of risk and opportunity;
* Undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Regional Manager;
* Comply with all latest company policies and internal control procedures.