Pension, medical cover, holiday
28 days ago
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a National Contractor who are looking to recruit a Maintenance Assistant in Oxfrdshire on a permant basis.
* The Maintenance Assistant is part of a multidiscipline reactive and planned preventative maintenance team who provide Mechanical and Electrical maintenance across a large multi building, multi tenanted research and development site.
* The Maintenance Assistant will provide support to the wider team where 2 man working is required.
* They will also carry out tasks such as, but not limited to; meter readings, L8 Flushing and temperature monitoring.
* The Maintenance Assistant will also accompany sub contractors as and when required.
Aims and Objectives:
* Provide a key role as part of an effective team delivering planned and reactive services across the clients' site.
* Maintain legislative documentation.
* Participating in the service delivery on site and enhancing the customer experience.
* Promote a health and safety culture across the contract, liaising with other team members and sub-contractors to ensure that company standards are adhered to.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Carrying out routine maintenance to site equipment within a set schedule. Ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems.
* Supporting the wider team in other areas where required related to customer requirements.
* Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues and help desk requests.
* Keeping the CAFM system updated with works carried out via the tablets.
* Ensuring onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the tasks allocated to you.
* Escort specialist sub-contractors working on site as required.
* Liaising with the relevant managers and supervisors on a daily basis to confirm all works are going to plan and no delays.
* Provide feedback in relation to work and equipment as required.
* Complete adhoc tasks as requested by line manager.
* Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements along with SITE Specific Rules & Regulations
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
* Ability to pass S/C Security Clearance (Job Offer Made Subject To Obtaining This).
* Driving license.
* Can do attitude.
* Self motivated.
* Attention to detail.
* Previous experience working within an Industrial/Commercial environment.
* Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment.
* Experience of working within a customer focused environment.
* Flexible approach to work and working hours outside of contracted hours.
* Ability to work independently.
* HSG L8
* Teamwork - actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams' effectiveness through personal commitment.
* Planning, Organising & Executing - able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
* Operational effectiveness - understands how automated workflows can drive efficiency and saving
* Adaptability - is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
* Drive for Excellence - aims to deliver a high standard of work.
* Self-Motivation and Development - is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver, using opportunities further develop.
* Customer Awareness - responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction.