City of London, London
12 months ago
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for a maintenance Plumber to work in the London Area, for our existing client. Our client is currently looking to hire an Experienced Plumber to work on a permanent basis covering their commercial projects.
Our client is an internationally recognised facilities management company that offers electrical, mechanical and HVAC building services to various sectors that includes manufacturing, education, retail, commercial and heritage sites.
As an experienced Maintenance Plumber, you will have experience working on prestigious commercial retail and hospitality contracts.
You will be reporting to the Senior Contracts Manager, the Engineer's primary role is to deliver a high-quality maintenance service to customers across a portfolio of accounts. Working closely with the office-based teams, Senior Engineers and Surveyors to demonstrate engineering best practice.
You will be required to work a 40-hour week, a driving license is essential for this role as travel will be required across various sites in the region.
The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
* Follow daily plan set out by the scheduler to attend and complete maintenance calls, assisting the scheduler in optimising the plan where appropriate.
* Effective and timely communication with the scheduler with regards to call progress and any issues encountered.
* Use PDA accurately and in real-time, ensuring labour and travel time is accurate and all call paperwork and photographs (where required) is correct, complete and uploaded in a timely manner.
* Provide timely and accurate quotes for work as required.
* Achieve agreed KPIs such as effectiveness to drive productivity, visits per completion and SLA.
* Follow operational processes and engineering best practice in line company policy.
* Follow health and safety procedures in accordance with company and site require
* Operate according to the client's Facilities QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
* Ensure that operational issues within the Engineering team are systematically raised and reviewed with the Supervisor's.
* Use the client's preferred suppliers, calling ahead to wholesalers when materials are required.
* Contribute to improvement projects as required.
* Attend out of hours / on-call work as required.
What we are looking for:
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
* Full Clean driving licence (required)
* Formal trade qualification in Plumbing (C&G)
* Must have worked in a maintenance environment before.
* Customer focused with a strong sense of quality and a desire for delivering Service Excellence.
* Excellent technical knowledge, experienced in delivering a high quality maintenance service.
* Ability to communicate effectively with both office and technical colleagues as well as customers.
* Commercially aware of cost and revenue, able to identify revenue opportunities for the company.
* Well-organised and able to follow defined processes.
* Full time and Permanent role
* £12.00 per hour
* Overtime opportunities (All overtime is at Double time)
* Company vehicle, fuel card, paid travel time
* 21 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV.
You will be required to provide proof of your right to work in the UK along with proof of industry certificated and references where you have performed similar duties.