4 months ago
1st Step Solutions are urgently seeking an experienced Mechanical Commissioning Manager to work on multiple projects in London and Oxford.
Our client is a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. They are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
You will join a hard working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
The successful candidate will join an already established team on the Pre-Construction phase of this project. The project is a M&E installation and has a project value in excess of £7m.
Mechanical Commissioning Engineer roles and responsibilities are:
* Provide expertise regarding the overall project commissioning processes and deliver commissioned and operational M&E Systems to clients.
* Attending various meetings with clients, sub-contractors, project teams offering support and assistance on M&E System's delivery.
* Identifying test equipment that may be required.
* Provide assistance with Commissioning and witnessing of all M&E systems on projects.
* Manage ITCA activities with Project Engineers.
* Assist Project Engineers with compiling and populating handover packs and other relevant QA/QC documents including inspections.
* Manage sub-contractor testing and commissioning, carry out witness testing with subcontractors and review documentation.
* Provide assistance in writing and reviewing Commissioning and Testing RAMS.
* Assist the project team in their production of 'as-built' documentation and the Health & Safety file.
* Conduct quality control inspections on project sites during pre-commissioning and commissioning stages.
* Maintaining detailed and accurate commissioning site reports.
* Ensure applicable project team personnel have the required EHS training to carry out commissioning activities associated with the project.
* All other reasonable tasks assigned to you from time to time from your manager.
Mechanical Commissioning Engineer will have the following qualifications:
* Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Degree
Mechanical Commissioning Engineer will have the following experience:
* At least 5 years' experience within Commissioning.
* At least 3 years' experience on a UK Commercial projects.
* Experience in Commissioning water and air systems , laboratory's, VAVs, CAVs ,fume cupboards and pressure regimes.