£40000 - £45000 per annum
South West Recruitment Team
3 months ago
12 month fixed
1st Step Solutions are looking for a Mechanical Contracts Manager to work with our client on a fixed term 12-month contract in Plymouth
Hours of works: 8.00am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday - 40 hours
Rate of pay: Salary between £40k and £45k commensurate with experience
Start date: Immediate start available
Pension Scheme: Auto Enrolment
Applicants should have a proven track record of Mechanical Installation Contracts Management/Supervision in an industrial environment.
Experience of pipework systems in mixed materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, PVC, ABS, and copper.
Experience of multiple installation techniques including, welded, screwed, and threaded, flanged, and bolted systems and Mapress style compression.
Roles and Responsibility
- Supervision of men on site
- Liaison with clients and arranging access etc
- Assistance with preparation of Health and Safety Documentation
- Site surveys and material procurement
- Arranging plant, equipment, and materials
- Preparation of quotations and submission to clients
- Assistance with labour on site if required
- Coordination and supervision of client's labour and subcontractors.
- Providing regular progress reports to the office and the client.
- Attendance and representation of the company at site meetings.
- Taking client instructions and communicating with the office and the on-site team.
- Costing additional works and ensuring all relevant financial information is provided to the client and the office.
- Maintaining high quality installation standards on site.
- Actively promote high standards of work and efficient working practices.
- Promote and ensure the highest standards of health and safety.
- Cooperate with the office management and administration teams and assist with the preparation of progress reports, estimates, and applications for payment.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and maintain the reputation and good standing of the business.
How do I apply?
There are a few options available however, we will require you to provide a CV/recent work history.
1. 'Apply for Job' on this advert and submit your CV for consideration.
2. Call our Bristol branch to discuss this position in more detail and the next steps.
3. Alternatively, email us a copy of your CV quoting the reference number/job number.
If you do not hear from us within 10 days, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies and contact you accordingly.
You can now follow us and pick up all the latest work opportunities on Facebook (search 1st Step Solutions) on your Facebook page.