3 months ago
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based on a commercial project in London.
The successful candidate will join an already established team on the construction to handover on this project.
The project is an M&E installation and has a project value in excess of £15million.
Senior Mechanical Engineer roles and responsibilities:
* Plan the development of the project, with the responsibility of operational engineering issues
* To prepare reports and front end studies including capital cost estimates, project schedules, material take off's and out to tender schedules.
* To prepare of technical and contract documentation for issue and analysing returned tenders
* Keeping up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries
* Seeking to clarify queries with the Design team through the request for information (RFI) system
* Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports
* Producing look ahead programs to assist production
* Preparing method statements and risk assessments (with construction team)
* Carrying out Quality Control through inspections and snagging
* Carrying out document control, recording & transmitting information
* Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues
Senior Mechanical Engineer Experience:
* Previous experience on UK construction sites is essential
* Must have a degree in Mechanical Engineering
* At least 7 years post graduate Mechanical Construction experience
* Experience in M&E Commercial Projects
* First class report writing, presentation and negotiation skills
* To be able to demonstrate excellent IT skills utilising the full range of Microsoft Office