3 months ago
1st Step are currently working with a Tier 1 M&E Contractor in the South West Region who are looking to recruit a Building services Mechanical Engineer for a £30 million M&E project in the Bio chemical research sector
Experience working on large scale projects would be desirable along with experience of working for a Tier 1 M&E Contractor.
Project types include Commercial, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Laboratories.
Our client is one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in the early 1920s, with a turnover of £600m and currently employ over 4000 engineering and construction professionals
The Mechanical Engineer must have experience of working in a mission critical environment and have a proven track record of achievement delivering complex projects within Engineering and Construction projects.
* Sub Contractor Management, monitor and ensure that the work of the appointed specialist sub-contractors is being carried out to specification and programme
* Productivity, working closely with the Project Manager and Contracts Manager to identify labour requirements to ensure cost effective use of labour on site. Regularly reviewing requirements and making appropriate recommendations to amend the programme which maximises productivity whilst minimising cost.
* Engineering and developing installation drawings and implement best practice techniques to ensure efficient delivery of the project.
*Demonstrate appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and active throughout all activities relating to the project on which they are working.
* Ensure that all operational activities are carried out in compliance with internal regulations and external legislation governing business operations.
* Maintaining positive relationships with the project customer through efficient delivery of projects with a view to optimising future opportunities and profitability.
* Locally manage the workforce on the project to ensure required standards of timekeeping, absence and behaviour are communicated and adhered to.
* Essential to have previous Mechanical and Electrical Site engineering experience
* Significant building services and workforce management experience in a construction environment.
* Must be qualified in a relevant Mechanical bias trade such as plumbing or pipe fitting
* Experience of delivering MEP projects in the range of £30m - £50m
* Mechanical Engineers must come from a Building services background with large Contractor.
* Ideal Senior Mechanical Engineers must live within an hour of the project in Salisbury
* ILM Level 1 training
* Security Clearance
Mechanical Engineers with stable work backgrounds with good access to the Salisbury area are encouraged to apply for this role. If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for Mechanical Engineers, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622