City of London, London
about 2 months ago
1st Step are currently working with an M&E Contractor who are recruiting for a Mechanical Estimator on a permanent basis due to an increase in workload.
* Preparation of detailed take-offs and measurement from tender documents for Project valued from £1 Million - £5 Million.
* Design proposals and examine tender documentation as well as advise of alternative solutions or value engineering options.
* Take an enquiry or tender package and work it up into a detailed quotation using Estimation
* Liaise with other departments for gathering data required for the compilation of tenders.
* Undertake the commercial/technical appraisal of suppliers and M&E sub-contractors.
* Additional duties at Management's discretion
* Professional qualifications and professional body memberships is preferable
* 2 years' experience desirable
* Previous experience working within the M&E construction sector
* In depth knowledge of the industries standard and regulations
* Proven track record with bid estimating and project management delivering technical projects
* Strong financial and commercial acumen with ability to analyse complex data
* Possess good time management skills and be comfortable working to deadlines
* Work well within a team, but also be happy working individually
* Be comfortable using all Microsoft applications and have robust IT literacy
* Have experience with estimating software
* Financial and commercial awareness