£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
6 months ago
May / June 2019
Mechanical Estimator - Canary Wharf
1st Step are currently working with an M&E Contractor based in the Canary Wharf region who are recruiting for a Lead Mechanical Estimator. With a competitive salary and additional benefits on offer, along with a great company culture this is an exciting opportunity for someone either looking to take a step up or transition into a large company to continue their development.
Whether you are an Intermediate Mechanical Estimator looking for development and progression or at Senior Level and just looking for a new challenge, please get in contact to discuss further.
My client covers various project types which include Commercial, High End Residential, Health, Education and Data Centres.
* Preparation of detailed take-offs and measurement from tender documents for Project valued from £500k-8 Million.
* Design proposals and examine tender documentation as well as advise of alternative solutions or value engineering options.
* Take an enquiry or tender package and work it up into a detailed quotation using Estimation
* Liaise with other departments for gathering data required for the compilation of tenders.
* Undertake the commercial/technical appraisal of suppliers and M&E sub-contractors.
* Cover for other duties in the event of Staff holidays and illness.
* Fulfill a weekly telemarketing slot to contact prospective customers by phone.
* 3 years' experience minimum with tender experience up to £3 million solely.
* Additional duties at Management's discretion.
I am in the process of organising interviews over the next week, so please get in contact to discuss further.