£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
2 months ago
1st Step Solutions have a great opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer to be based in Nottingham. Our client is an establish Mechanical and Electrical Contractor who have a strong presence in the Midlands but also work on projects across the whole of the UK and have gone from strength to strength over the last 10 years. They have an exciting portfolio of engineering projects across mainly in the new build and refurbishment of Research and Development sectors, commercial offices and warehouses, Education facilities, hotels, leisure and retail projects with values up to £12m. 2019 is planning to be an exciting time for this contractor and it is a perfect time to join a proactive contractor in the Mechanical and Electrical sector.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and technical minded Mechanical Project Engineer who has a solid and stable engineering career history and has worked for contractors starting and completing projects. Mechanical Project Engineer with experience of a wide range of projects will be seriously considered for this role. They are keen to see Mechanical Project Engineers who have a track record of delivering successful projects in a mechanical sub-contracting environment and who are driven, focused and who enjoy solving all their client's technical issues.
Mechanical Project Engineer Duties:
Reporting to the Project Manager to implement and deliver projects according to the budget, timescales and quality assurance in line with the client's plan. The Mechanical Project Engineer will be required to take ownership and have joint responsibility with the Project Manager on delivery off all mechanical aspects such as mechanical installations, mechanical plant, plumbing, public health, drainage, air conditioning, heating and ventilation on several multi-million-pound projects. The mechanical Project Engineer will also work closely with the Electrical Project Engineer
* Strong technical awareness of mechanical services
* Proven track record of delivering large scale projects especially in the Education, Commercial and hotel sector
* Ability to work to a tight programme and ensuring deadlines and scheduled handover dates are met.
* Experience of delivering projects
* Ideally with a Trade; Plumbing / Pipe fitter background Current,
* A working knowledge of Microsoft packages - Word, Excel and Outlook
* Experience of coordinating the site construction, commissioning and handover activities of Mechanical and Electrical projects.
* Review M&E design documentation to ensure compliance with client's specifications and relevant standards
* Work with the planner to produce short term and long-term programmes
* Evaluate and compare quotations and technical proposals
* Produce commissioning plans and supervisor commissioning activities and handover
* Lead M&E disciplines on behalf of the site-based team in co-ordination / management of M&E construction activities
Mechanical Project Engineer with stable work backgrounds with good access to the Midlands are encouraged to apply for this role. If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for Mechanical Project Engineers, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622