Stretford, Greater Manchester
£30000.00 - £41125.00 per annum
5 months ago
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a National Contractor who are looking to recruit a Mechanical Project Engineer to be based in Manchester.
* To assist the project manager to deliver successful projects.
* To provide engineering expertise to all projects.
* To implement engineering processes.
* To provide technical assistance to in house and sub-contract labour.
Aims and Objectives:
* To lead and deliver successful projects as part of the projects team, on time and within budget.
* Provide technical expertise and support to the projects team and develop and maintain a good working relationship.
* Develop client skills and knowledge to gain experience to allow you to progress into project management.
* Ensure compliance to all policies and procedures.
* Liaise closely with the Project, Commercial, Engineering/Design and Estimating teams.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Managing projects from inception to completion.
* Manage multiple projects if required.
* Develop and implement project schedules.
* Review, sign-off and implement project Quality plans and procedures.
* Review, sign-off and implement project EHS Management plans.
* Management and motivation of project teams.
* Develop and agree submission and approvals process with client / design consultants.
* Attend meetings to co-ordinate and ensure project performance at client / project management internal and external meetings.
* Liaison with Sub-contractor and suppliers to avoid project delays and cost implications.
* Produce project programmes.
* Provide monthly project reports for the contract's manager.
* Review all H&S documentation in line with current procedures.
* Provide RAMS for specific projects.
* Be commercially aware and report on all commercial aspects of the project.
* Review and monitor progress against the project programme.
* Provide information to the client, contractors, in house staff and end user.
* To be able to review all technical and contractual information.
* Ongoing liaison with design teams and project teams to ensure project performance.
* Consider cost, safety and time constraints on all projects.
* Produce procurement documentation.
* Assist in design and estimations as and when required.
* Carry out surveys and produce reports if required.
* Offer alternative engineering solutions to overcome project obstacles.
* Offer value engineering alternatives.
* Other duties as required by the Contracts/Project Manager.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
* The successful candidate will be qualified to at least HNC level or have suitable experience in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering.
* Technical knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical services.
* Experience within the food and pharmaceutical environment.
* A proven track record of delivery within the M&E installation sector.
* Experience managing multiple site-based team/s.
* Clear and confident written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge and skills to effectively problem solve.
* High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
* Commercial Aptitude.
* Process pipework knowledge.