City of London, London
4 months ago
Mechanical Project Engineer
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for an experience Project Engineer to be based on a Rail project in London on behalf of our client. You will be required to have experience of working on similar projects for an M&E Contractor and have longevity within previous roles.
* Preferred HNC or Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering.
* HVCA or equivalent CSCS Card Gold or Black.
* Experience of working on UK rail projects within the construction industry.
* A minimum of 3 years' experience in mechanical or electrical installation.
* Practical knowledge of AutoCAD/AMTECH/NICEIC software.
* Installation experience 'on the tools' to support a 'sleeves rolled up' position.
* Ensure Rail process and procedures are followed at all times.
* Validate all services including specification / plant & equipment schedules /drawings and fully understand all different schemes required by the Client.
* Assist Snr Eng/CM in establishing that Client's design is generally in compliance with project standards, specifications, regulations and By-Laws.
* Once review is completed, generate questionnaire for estimating team with an aim to establish correct costs for each element of the schemes. These may also include defining exact requirement for design development of any element of the project.
* Support Snr Eng/CM/PM in establishing clear requirement at handover meeting and subsequent discussions with tendering team. Verify Project Costs with some elements remaining as budget until procurement and design development stage is completed.
* Establish if programme periods are achievable. Raise any issues where necessary with Project Team and planners.
* Establish resource requirements. Communicate finding with Project Manager/ HR.
* Prepare HQSE documentation in good time for construction phase.
* Understand and implement cost codes for the project and ensure that all procurement by Engineer and Construction teams follow these codes from the CRF.
* Help identify any non-conformities or constructability issues with designs.
* Additional responsibilities within:
- Procurement/Design Development.
- Installation Phase.
- Testing/Commissioning and Handover.
* Actively contribute to successful teamwork within the project team.
* Continue to develop own knowledge and skills.
* Support the development of colleagues' knowledge and skills.