South West Recruitment Team
2 months ago
One of our valued M&E Clients have successfully secured a number of projects in and around the Cornwall Region which has led to a number of key positions for 1st Step Solutions to recruit for
Mechanical Project Manager or a Mechanical Project Engineer looking to make the next step - Immediate position Freelance or Perm
Mechanical Site Manager / Site Supervisor - Immediate position Freelance or Perm
Workforce of Pipefitters, Electricians and semi-skilled operatives - required from mid-March 2019 - Freelance
Mechanical Project Engineer/Manager Position
About the client
Our client has been established for over 40 years with turnover now of circa £35 Million based around five Regional Locations
Competitive Salary offered
Job title: Mechanical Project Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Mechanical Project Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Review of the estimate / tender for the Mechanical project elements, in conjunction with the M&E project team, to fully determine and understand the conditions, requirements, deliverables, risks and liabilities of the works, as defined and awarded by the client.
* Assessment and organisation of the mechanical resources required to execute the project in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
* Communication to project team members of all information, including: project contractual conditions, specifications, drawings and working instructions for the execution of the project.
* Ensure the safe and efficient execution of mechanical project installations and procedures, both on and off site.
* Supervision and motivation of mechanical project team members, including training and development, throughout the project.
* Establish a productive working relationship with the client, on all mechanical installation responsibilities concerning design and co-ordination activities and develop contract/project opportunities.
* Ensure the efficient production of mechanical project engineering through to installation, in accordance with project conditions and requirements, taking account of the CDM and other project quality and programme requirements.
* Ensure the efficient operation of project procurement, mechanical material control and costing policies and procedures. You will also aid and assist in producing accurate and current project procurement schedules, and cost reports for senior project management.
Qualifications & Skills required:
Ideally qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management, Building Services or with suitable experience and a proven track record.
Working knowledge of Mechanical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor working on Projects valued between
£0.5 M - £10m
Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driving licence.
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays plus bank holidays
Private Health Care