£50000 - £55000 per annum + Plus Car, Pension
South West Recruitment Team
about 2 months ago
Our client is expanding its South West Operation with a requirement for a Mechanical Project Engineer / Manager to run and manage client installs on projects of £50K to £1 million in tunrover.
Ideally they are looking for a Mechanical Engineer making the step to becoming a Project Manager or an experienced Project Manager with a desire to build a career with Tarnis Engineering that are fast expending in all aspects of client services from Building Services to Facilities Management.
You should have
The Responsibilities/ Duties:
- Working as part of the contracts team under the direction of the Senior Mechanical Contracts manager and the Managing Director
- The candidate must be able to demonstrates a wider understanding of the project and the activities needed to deliver a successful result
- To be able to perform several complex technical and professional activities that relate to mechanical engineering, with thorough detailed knowledge of the concepts that underpin mechanical building services.
- The role will eventually require you to demonstrate a detailed and technical application of the company's managements systems and legislation relating to contracts and mechanical building services to the wider team.
- Planning and organisation
- Oversee all aspects of the commercial / industrial projects from starts to finish within the time frame and to the client's satisfaction
- Manage and supports all contracts / persons through a mix of activities across the whole project team
- Control and supervise Health and Safety at site level and ensuring the wellbeing of all persons affected by the project's actions
- Responsible for the preparation of the project's budget and operating within the timescale and finical constraints and resources.
- The lead and support a multi-discipline team applying all stages of performance management, contributing to the finical budgets and being accountable for the delivery against the set targets, delegating effectively.
- Communication and influencing.
- Able to build effective project teams which can deliver efficient high-quality building services. You will be able to develop strong collaborative working relationships across the wide range of company and client related activities.
- The role will require you to clearly explain complex ideas to a wide range of people internally and externally to people at all levels, which will often require the production of complex documentation to evidence decisions being made for approval by other interested parties. Ultimately you will be able to influence and persuade a wide variety of people at all levels of the project and company to achieve business objectives.
- Knowledge of the Job
Requirements/ Skills for Successful Candidates:
- HNC/ONC (ideal)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fact paced environment
- Reliable with the flexible "can do" attitude
- Be analytically focused with close attention to detail
- Full UK Driving License
- Experience in Mechanical Contracts
How do I apply?
- 'Apply for Job' on this advert and submit your CV for consideration.
- Call our Bristol branch to discuss this position in more detail and the next steps.
- Alternatively, email us a copy of your CV quoting the reference number/job number.
If you do not hear from us within 10 days, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies and contact you accordingly.