Stretford, Greater Manchester
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Car Allowance
6 months ago
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a National Contractor who are looking to recruit a Mechanical Project Manager to be based in Manchester.
* To manage and deliver complex multi-discipline projects successfully.
* To provide engineering expertise to all projects.
* To implement engineering processes and tools.
* To provide technical assistance to in house and sub-contract labour.
Aims and Objectives:
* To lead and deliver successful projects as part of the operational delivery team, on time and within budget.
* Provide technical expertise and lead the project team and develop and maintain a productive efficient working relationship.
* To build on existing client relationships and form new.
* Ensure compliance to all policies and procedures. Liaise closely with the Project,
Commercial, Engineering/Design and Estimating teams.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Managing projects from inception to completion.
* Manage multiple projects as required.
* Develop and implement project schedules.
* Review, sign-off and implement project quality plans and procedures.
* Review, sign-off and implement project EHS management plans.
* Management and motivation of project teams.
* Develop and agree submission and approvals process with client / design consultants.
* Attend meetings to co-ordinate and ensure project performance at client / project management internal and external meetings.
* Lead by example and mentor younger engineers.
* Review all project documents.
* Procure all plant, labour and materials.
* Procure all sub-contract packages.
* Review and drive the commissioning process.
* Liaison with sub-contractor and suppliers to avoid project delays and cost implications.
* Produce project programmes.
* Provide monthly project reports for the contract's manager.
* Review all H&S documentation in line with current procedures and legislation.
* Be commercially aware and report on all commercial aspects of the project.
* Review and monitor progress against the project programme.
* Provide information to the client, contractors, ops team and end user.
* To be able to review all technical and contractual information and record review comments.
* Ongoing liaison with design teams and project teams to ensure efficient project performance.
* Consider cost, safety and time constraints on all projects.
* Produce procurement documentation.
* Assist in design and estimations as and when required to maximise all commercial opportunities.
* Carry out surveys and produce reports if required.
* Offer alternative engineering solutions to overcome project obstacles.
* Offer value engineering alternatives.
* Other duties as required by the Contracts Manager.
* Ensure that the production of hazard identification and risk assessments are carried out in the early stages of the design process and updated as the project progresses.
* Review risk assessments, method statements and COSHH assessments as required together with the site manager and manage amendments as required to ensure quality and comprehensiveness.
* Carry out regular site safety audits and report on observations to management.
* Chair meetings with the project team regularly to discuss planning and progress and agree programme requirements.
* Ensure the project is competed to the agreed timescales and manage risk when programme extensions are required.
* Report progress of the project to the client, and to the management team during project reviews.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
* The successful candidate will be qualified to at least HNC/D level or have suitable experience in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
* Experience in managing turnkey projects including construction, HVAC, mechanical and electrical works.
* Experience in the pharmaceutical, microelectronics and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and cleanrooms.
* Technical knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical services.
* A proven track record of delivery within the M&E installation sector up to £5m.
* Experience managing multiple site-based team/s.
* Clear and confident written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge and skills to effectively problem solve.
* High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
* Commercially aware.
* Over 5 years' experience within a PM role.
* IT literate and conversant with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Project.
* Fully conversant with CDM regulations and able to operate at senior level in fulfilling the role of principal contractor.
* Customer focussed and able to communicate at the highest level within client organisations.
* Experience working within Food and Beverage environments.
* IOSH Managing Safely.
* CSCS Card - Manager Level.