South West London, London
23 days ago
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for a Mechanical QA Supervisor/Manager to be based on a residential-led mixed-use development in South West London.
In this role you will manage the safety, technical standard and quality of works undertaken within the business unite/site, including design and drawing reviews, supports and fixings, and adherence to the quality control management system.
This role may suit someone who has worked as a project engineer, manager or supervisor with good knowledge of mechanical installation.
Key deliverables in this role are:
· Demonstrate appropriate health and safety awareness, ensuring the safety first and foremost is visible and alive through all project activities.
· Work closely with the design and operations teams to ensure that preferred suppliers are used and engaged as early as possible.
· Work with the supply chain quality manager to review quality of our supply chain, ensure sub-contractors understand and follow procedures, and that only approved products/materials are used.
· Undertake factory testing of major items of plant and equipment, reporting defective materials and ensuring corrective action.
· Manage cross departmental risk mitigation processes and procedures.
· In conjunction with project management, ensure all operatives hold the necessary qualifications and competencies.
· Ensure manufacturers training is undertaken on site before installation.
· Maintain and manage local records where required and promote best practice.
· Ensure notifications from SHE and central Engineering are disseminated to all operations teams.
· Carry out tool box talks and presentations as required
· Review and comment on work-in progress design drawings to ensure accurate and incorporated.
· Ensure the inspection and test plan is produced, maintained and monitored to comply with industry standards/legislation.
· Ensure appropriate test records and certifications are produced and test equipment is suitably calibrated and certified.
· Undertake regular site inspections and produce site specific QC audit reports, highlighting non-compliance, quality defects and trends.
· Ensure commissioning activities are carried out in accordance with legislation.
You will need to hold a CSCS Card with a SSSTS or SMSTS and Mechanical Trade Qualifications.